Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I am Ashamed of my Cherries

Happy Birthday to you! Not you....my baby....he was 15 on the 1st. Birthdays are bittersweet. I love to see my boys growing into handsome capable young men, but I would give anything to turn back the clock and keep them all little boys.....

But, of course we can't, so instead we make them cupcakes!

This year he requested vanilla with cherry filling. I gotta be honest, not what I would pick, but it's not my birthday so....

 Since I'm trying to make most things from scratch I used THIS RECIPE from Just So Tasty.
I haven't tried the Strawberry Buttercream, but it looks yummy!

After mixing the batter I put a cupcake liner in each muffin cup then spooned 3 tablespoons of batter in each, then spooned 2 teaspoons of cherry pie filling. I used canned not homemade. I know, I am ashamed.


Hopefully I will have some canned fruit by this time next year tho!

After filling the muffin cups bake them according to the recipe, let cool then frost with your favorite frosting!

Check out my PARTIES tab to see where I'm linked up and find many more great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10