Friday, February 26, 2016

"Voo-Doo Hippy" Body Wash

Have you ever read the ingredients on the back of your body wash, deodorant, or shampoo bottle? This was one of the main things that convinced me to go "natural" or as my kids call it "voo-doo hippy"! I always knew there were chemicals in these things, I guess I just chose to ignore it....until now! I'm in the process of replacing all my "personal care items". Once the store bought runs out, I'm making my own!

The first item I decided to make myself is body wash. I've searched pinterest over and over again and tried a few different things. This is the recipe I've been using. I can read every ingredient. Everything is organic and was actually tested on an animal and she wasn't harmed and in fact smells very nice now!


BODY WASH:

Ingredients:

1 Cup Castile Soap
3 Tsp Vitamin E Oil
3 Tsp Coconut Oil
4 Tbsp Glycerine (makes it foam)
10 Drops of Essential Oil (I used Peppermint and Lavender but you can use any)

I tripled this to fill an old body wash bottle.

Just mix it all together in a separate container so it mixes well, then pour (use a funnel, don't ask how I know!) into your bottle of choice. Keep in mind if you use any citrus oils you should use a glass container (maybe not a good idea in the shower!)

This is not thick and luxurious like store bought body wash. This is thin, but don't let that fool you!


You only need a little on your shower pouf (what are those things called anyway?) the glycerin really makes it foamy! The vitamin E and coconut oil are great for moisturizing your skin (you can add more of either if your skin is really dry) I've been trying some different shampoos and conditioners and trying to get my hair accustomed to being washed every other day....I'm still working on it....but will let you know when I get it figured out!

I'm Partying at:

http://tidymom.net/2016/green-food/
http://www.iheartnaptime.net/link-party-palooza-133/






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10